My feed looks like an iphone 3g. Like the iphone 3g, it represents how my feed functions and looks like. My feed, the iphone 3g, functions by just thinking of what you want and it will just pop out what you want. For example, if I thought of what is today’s weather and it will just pop out and tell me what the weather is. It is really simple. You think of something and it will just provide the information that you need. This only happens if you had set a voice control. Not only my feed can do that, it can help you when you are stuck on anything. Like helping you do your math homework step by steps. It gives you a visual and examples of how it is done. For entertainments and satisfaction, I can just play movies, games, internet access, shows and etc by my feed. I can just watch it in my feed. Advertisements would be put on when I have to get up and do something while pausing whatever I was watching. Also, clearances would be put on so I will know what malls to shop at for good prices. I would by clothings, accessories, shoes, cars, foods and other things that I will need. But to protect the feed from any virus, anti-virus are use to protect it.
This says that we tend to satisfied ourselves by getting the things that we want. Things that we would just use it a couple of time and then never again using it again. Unless if they are the things that we need not what we want. For example, if I bought a shirt, I would just wear it once or twice knowing that I would buy more and more clothings. This defines the culture and identity by consuming more than what we actually need.
I think that the media advertises over too much of what is natural for us. I mean plastic surgeries, natural minerals and other stuffs. Why can’t we just be what god has created us. For reliance on technology, I think there’s pros and cons for it. It gives us resources that we need. But could the be reliable. It gives us a transportation but pollutes the earth and hard to find fuel for it too. I don’t think that popular culture affects me because we all came from different background of cultures and believe different god. But learning to accept of a different cultures would be better than thinking that they’re not like you. I do think that they mold us to be who we are today. Even today, media creates influences of what to dress and do.
This impact me because amounts of money is spent everyday just to buy the things we want and feel satisfied. Or even to fit in. It defines me as consumerism. I buy things that I would just use it once or twice than give it away. I then feel like why did I even buy it. It’s saying that my personal habits are getting into a bad habit that I do. Makes me feel worse inside when I can just use it on something more useful.
People without the feed is really not part of this story. The only ones that are mentions were Violet, Violet’s dad and her home school friends. But the most was Violet and her dad. They were mostly more mention and Violet was the main character to show the readers the important of technologies and consumerism/anti-consumerism. Titius order all of those pants because he felt bad and so angry that it shows us consumerism to be satisfied. Titus couldn’t do anything that he also went to sleep naked and order the pants to forget of what happened. The feed interludes at the end of the book , “Everything must go..” is telling us that things that we want may cause us and that we may be better off without all these stuffs that are being wanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment